Sales Representative: Horticulture– Cave Junction, OR
Good Earth Organics is searching for a motivated Horticulture Sales Representative to join our team. We supply high quality organic products, hydroponics supplies, and items related to indoor and greenhouse gardening. We have been conducting business in Cave Junction since 2009.
As a Sales Representative, we will depend on you to be the face of the company, hit the ground running to acquire new customers, attend trade shows, and maintain our existing client base. This position requires a passion and in-depth knowledge of the horticulture industry. To be successful in this position, you will head out into the field and make contact with potential clients either via face to face meetings, cold calling etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new and maintain existing relationships with customers
- Maintain regular contact with customers to ensure customer satisfaction and future project estimates.
- Identify potential new sales opportunities and inform company of client needs
- Compile prospective customer list and follow up on all generated sales leads
- Maintains a high level of availability and interaction with customers
- Negotiates, closes, and follows up on all sales
- Participates in trade shows
- Interfaces with Operations Team and General Manager to assess the Company’s capabilities
- Prepare new sales projections
- Ensures that prospects are entered in tracking system.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in agriculture/horticulture
- 3-5 years experience in outside sales/field horticulture sales experience with proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales goals
- In-depth knowledge and passion for the horticulture industry
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish and maintain positive and effective communications with other team members, customers, vendors and other third parties.
- Familiarity with sales tracking systems
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn and utilize other Company software.
- Some travel may be required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Company offers a full range of benefits including medical, 401K, PTO and more!
Equal Opportunity Employer